The Watchtower Programme
Support for Lancashire businesses to build competitiveness and resilience through insight, skills, innovation, and diversification. The aim of the Watchtower Programme is to support AEM businesses to innovate, adapt, and diversify to be competitive and remain financially sound and continue to thrive.
The Watchtower Programme is an Initiative providing support for Lancashire-based businesses to build competitiveness’ and resilience through insight, skills, innovation & diversification, and we’d love for you to be part of this ‘not-to-be-missed’ event.
How Watchtower can help you as a Lancashire-based company and if you can answer yes to any of the following questions – how you could be involved in the next phase:
If your business is based in Lancashire and in the following advanced engineering and manufacturing industries or supply chain to these industries:
- Advanced Materials
- Computing and Electronics
- Other: i.e. Rail, Medical
And if you answer YES to any of the following questions…
YES my business would further benefit from tailored coordinated business advice and support to help diversify and find new contracts that fit our manufacturing capabilities nationally and internationally
YES my business would benefit from additional support to further understand market place opportunities to innovate and develop new products, processes and services and to connect with Lancashire Innovation Centres of excellence. For example, helping you developing new products or new ways of working identifying and quickly addressing the new opportunities being created by a changing landscape such as digital transformation?
YES my business can innovate but would benefit from help to further reduce costs at this critical time?
YES my business needs help to understand all of the elements of Lancashire’s Innovation Ecosystems that are available to support business goals and strategy?
YES my business needs support with a talent retention service to support businesses making redundancies and offer a match making service to those businesses recruiting
YES my business has the Capability and Technology to venture that extra mile into new Emerging Markets but may need assistance in doing so
YES my business is evolving towards the country’s Net Zero target but needs help to further innovate and become more sustainable and would benefit from assistance in meeting the necessary requirements
YES my business needs help understanding all of the elements of Lancashire’s Innovation Ecosystems that are available to support my business?
YES my business is already or I’m thinking further about horizon scanning in additional sectors such as Nuclear, Rail and Medical and would need further help to engage with the right level of business support & at the right phase.
YES my business would value support to help me get that ‘first foot through the door’ in an adjacent market supply chain?
YES my business would benefit from assistance & signposting in the right direction to access growth opportunities & relevant funding
YES my business is being impacted by the pandemic, the war in Ukraine and the cost- of-living crisis but I’m unsure of which direction to go next?
YES my business does need to make some changes and I’m considering the possibility of having to let some people go?
YES my business is under resourced and I’m actively seeking new people and skills?
YES my business has an opportunity to connect individuals at risk of redundancy, with companies that are recruiting in Lancashire’s Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing Sectors?
YES I’m Ready To Find Out More
Here’s how your company will benefit from FREE tailored support:
- We will provide a FREE innovation assessment to understand your specific business requirements, linked to your strategy.
- We will work with you to develop an action plan that helps you navigate the myriad of business support options available in Lancashire to identify the best help available for your organisation.
- We will connect you to the right people to take your action plan forwards through warm referrals to the most appropriate Lancashire Innovation Support.
- We will follow up to ensure that you are getting the right innovation support to develop new products and new ways of working.
- We will track and trace changes to our highly skilled workforce across Lancashire’s Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing Sector
- We will collaborate with companies that are both recruiting and making redundancies.
- We will work with businesses to match suitable candidates to their needs with an effective recruitment system and ongoing support.
- We will support individuals with a series of provisions to enable them to find work utilising our internal teams, our mentor and coaching bank and external provisions such as our HR Employers Forums, comprising of 100s of HR Managers sharing best practise.
- We will continue to identify opportunities & access to new markets in line with your business’ key capabilities & strategic plans.
- We will continue to provide insights into emerging markets and opportunities from industry Watchtower Sector Champions.
- We will continue to develop opportunities to connect with companies to develop collaborative approaches to new markets and customers.
- We will actively promote your company’s Watchtower Success Story in official NWAA Publications and on the NWAA website.
If you still have unanswered questions about the programme – please complete the enquiry form: The Watchtower information enquiry form or you can email the Watchtower team direct: E: firstname.lastname@example.org