Who is it for?
We can assist exporters of all levels of experience to ensure your business has all the necessary knowledge to capitalise on overseas opportunities.
How does it work?
International Trade Advice
We can assist exporters of all levels of experience through advice, mentoring and strategic planning to ensure your business has all the necessary knowledge to capitalise on overseas opportunities.
International Trade Advisers
Our local trade offices can offer one-to-one, bespoke, and impartial advice. With dedicated International Trade Advisers, you will receive personalised support from a specialist who understands your needs and the global markets.
- The Export Academy is a free programme of support for SMEs across the North West. A comprehensive step-by-step programme ideal for anyone:
- New to exporting
- Exporting already but needing to upskill staff
- Exporting already but wanting to refresh knowledge, or fill gaps
The programme is made up of a series of ten core interactive, educational sessions with exclusive content based on feedback from our delegates and designed specifically to help small and micro businesses understand everything they need to know in order to sell internationally.
The main sessions will focus on:
- Understanding benefits of and barriers to export
- Steps to export
- International market research
- Pricing strategy and route to market
- Customs, export controls, and trade deals
- Selling services overseas
- International commercial (INCO) terms
- Creating an Export Action Plan
- Customs, VAT, and rules of origin
- Movement of money
To register a place – UK Export Academy – great.gov.uk
For more information about any Department for Business and Trade services or how DBT could support your business, contact the Northern Powerhouse International Trade Team on
T: 020 4566 5206 or
If you would like to tell us about something and be featured in our news section, use the contact page and let us know.