The aim of this competition is to support micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), who have a track-record and demonstrable positive impact for the target audience. This must be in developing innovations centred on equality, diversity and inclusion in their design and development.
We are looking for SME’s developing innovative products processes or services that can be role models to other businesses.
Your proposal must clearly explain:
- the equality, diversity and inclusion challenges identified
- how your previous innovations have addressed these challenges
- the societal and economic impact of your innovations
- your plans for a new project to further develop inclusive innovations
- how you will act as a role model to other businesses
Your new project must:
- centre on equality, diversity and inclusion in the design and development of products, processes or services
- involve a diverse team, as appropriate to the project
- demonstrate business growth and successful economic impact
- deliver demonstrable societal impact
Your proposal can be from any area of innovation, where innovation is defined as the commercially successful exploitation of ideas, and be applied to any part of the economy.
As part of your application, you must share with us a short video, up to 3 minutes long. This must be uploaded to YouTube and provided as an unlisted link as part of your application. If the assessors cannot view your video or it is hosted on a platform other than YouTube, the assessors will be unable to assess this question and your application will be ineligible.
We are looking to fund a portfolio of projects.
We will select a portfolio of award winners who:
- have high potential to be inspirational role model to others
- represent a diverse range of innovative ideas for business
- represent a range of themes and technologies
- are located throughout the UK
- represent a range of company sizes
Subject to meeting the quality threshold, we reserve the right to manage the portfolio to achieve a balance of awards.